Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Jedd Davis needs his morning coffee. Here’s what he has to say:

"I feel like everyone is taking crazy pills!"

I'm considering including that tid-bit in my e-mail signature because I find myself believing it more and more each day.

Why are things so difficult? Better yet, why do people have to make things so difficult? You know who these crazy pill-popping evil-doers are. I'm not talking terrorists here, or even hippies for that matter. I’m talking about people who don’t know how to stand in line at the coffee shop. I'm talking about the person that hoards the entire milk bar and taste-tests his coffee for 10 minutes. Dude, I'm standing next to you, jonezing for my
morning brew - move over. Or better yet, the guy that picks a register and creates his own line, instead of getting in line with the rest of us – c’mon guy, we’re not all standing there waiting for Santa Claus.

I find little infractions of this sort maddening. Are these people really that clueless? You can see the crazy pills working in their eyes. You just know you're supposed to hate them.

To me, common sense is a way of life - make that, the way of life. To not adhere to common sense is, well, senseless. Pardon me for pointing out the obvious; I’m really not looking to establish common ground here. It’s certainly not a kum baya let's all get along thing, so I'll just say, "step aside, I want my coffee."

- Jedd Davis

No comments: